Monday, March 10, 2008

Discovering Blogging






Before this quarter I was unfamiliar with internet blogging. Several months back we were asked if we had ever posted on a blog before. At the time I had not. Now I feel far more knowledgeable about blogs and their purpose.

I learned that blogs can be a great way to learn about a certain topic. To write a blog I believe that you have to put a little research and thought into your writing. Anyone can read your blog so naturally you want to provide accurate and interesting information. Even by reading someone else’s blog you can learn a great deal.

I also discovered the popularity of blogs this quarter. Blogs have really revolutionized marketing, advertising, and communication. Blogs have given common people the opportunity to permanently voice ideas to a worldwide audience. Blogs are a way for readers to become closer to the writer. Now you can read someone’s work, ask them a question, and get a response. The ability to get this close to a writer was nonexistent before blogging.

Writing my own blog this quarter has been different from any other writing that I have done before. Writing on a blog to me seemed slightly less personal. Obviously when writing on our blogs we at least have a small audience of readers, for this reason I filtered certain personal information. I don’t believe that it is required to filter personal information. Several other bloggers in the class actually did the opposite. Their blogs were entirely about personal information. This is the beauty of blogging. The ability for anyone to write about whatever they feel like. The versatility of blogging is what makes it so popular. Before this quarter I was unfamiliar with blogs; now I see their immense significance in our culture today.


1 comment:

Cap'n Fatback said...

Very nice, Dearthvader, a strongly constructed post. I would say that it was not impossible to get so close to a writer before blogging, but blogging has made it easier and more widespread. I hope you and sexay mamma keep it up.